What a surprise…a blueberry farmer with a recipe for blueberry smoothies! The great thing about smoothies are the zillion ways to tweak the recipe to make your own favorite. We used frozen blueberries, frozen banana (that’s what makes it sweeter), a half cup of spinach, a cup of oat milk, and 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds.
If you have a blender then you are good to go to invent your own smoothie with all kinds of ingredients. See our list of substitutions below. If you are still stuck for ideas, check out pinterest for some cool smoothie recipes. And I’m certainly not adverse to topping this off at 5pm with a little bit o rum!
- Fruit: Swap frozen banana for frozen pineapple or mango
- Liquid: Choose between regular milk, almond, coconut or oat milk, filtered water, coconut water, green tea or juice
- Protein: Substitute hemp seeds for either 2 tablespoons of nut butter, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, flaxseed, soft Silken tofu or protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen spinach
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup milk of choice (we used oat milk)
- 2 TBS hemp seeds
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Add more milk to thin or add ice to thicken the consistency.
Our Recommended Items:
|Ninja Blender, 72 Oz
|Bamboo Cutting Board
|Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, 24 Oz
|Spectrum Essentials Flaxseed, 24 Oz
You can also check out our other recipes:
Anne’s Doubled Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Blueberry Maple Syrup
Easy Blueberry Breakfast Cookies