At Berrybogg Farm we absolutely love blueberry muffins so we came up with a brand new recipe to share with you! These are our Berrybogg Farm’s Blueberry Lemon Muffins. Of course, Anne’s Blueberry Muffins are our favorite, but we thought we’d try out a different flavor to mix it up!
The blueberry lemon muffins were a big hit at our recent camping adventures before the season started. Although this batch didn’t have the glaze on them, they were still delicious, nutritious and made us feel ambitious!
So make sure to try out the recipe below and let us know how it goes in the comments below. Or share your pictures on social media and tag us #berrybogg so we can see your creations! (Remember if you have your account set to private, we won’t be able to see it.)
You can also see our past recipes and recommendations on our Pinterest page.
Blueberry Lemon Muffin Recipe:
- 3½ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups of blueberries
- powdered sugar (optional topping)
- Glaze (optional): Juice of a lemon (about ¼ cup) and ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ½ cup sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add buttermilk and melted butter (which should not be hot) and mix well.
- Mix ⅔ cup sugar, oil, lemon zest and blueberries in another bowl.
- Add egg mixture and blueberry mixture to the flour mixture.
- Pour muffin mixture into greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, dissolve juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup) into ¾ cup sugar and whisk.
- Drizzle the glaze over warm muffins.
You can also check out our other recipes:
Anne’s Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Buttermilk Donuts
Nutritious Blueberry Pancakes
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Delicious and Nutritious Blueberry Smoothie
Easy Blueberry Breakfast Cookies