Here’s a Monday Mojito recipe in celebration of Labor Day! Mojitos are a refreshing drink, easy to make, and can be made non-alcoholic by replacing the rum with sprite.
For this recipe, you’ll need blueberry simple syrup, which is made by cooking blueberries (fresh or frozen), sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Then process the mixture in a blender. You can strain out the blueberry pulp, but we like to leave it in for the bright color, taste, and extra fiber.
You may want a cocktail muddler for the mint leaves, however, we just used a spoon. If you prefer to use an official cocktail muddler, we linked our favorite down below.
Blueberry Mojito Recipe:
- Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 10 mint leaves
- Ice to fill your glass
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 2 oz white rum
- 2 TBS blueberry simple syrup
- Mint leaves and fresh blueberries for garnish (optional)
- To Make Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- Place blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. (Approximately 5 to 10 minutes)
- Let cool and transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- To Make Mojitos:
- Place 10 mint leaves at the bottom of glass and muddle.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add lime juice, rum and blueberry simple syrup.
- Top off with club soda or sprite depending on your taste preference.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh blueberries, if desired.
Our Recommended Items:
|2 Quart Nonstick Saucepan||Olive Wood Cooking Spoon||NutriBullet Blender|
You can also check out our other recipes:
Anne’s Doubled Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Buttermilk Donuts
Nutritious Blueberry Pancakes
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Nutritious Blueberry Green Smoothie
Easy Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
View this post on Instagram