Wind chill of zero today calls for a steaming cup of coffee and a batch of Anne’s blueberry muffins. Preferably made by my mom, Anne, but she’s in sunny Florida so I guess we’ll have to do our best on our own.
This is her yummy recipe which is simple and made in extra large muffin tins but somehow I can never get them to look like her creations. Oh well…still good…enjoy!
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Soda
- 1 cup blueberries (toss with 2 tbl. flour if berries are frozen)
- Topping: 2 tbl sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon combined
- Combine sugar and oil.
- In separate bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Sift dryingredients together and add alternately with milk and egg mixture to sugar mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into greased muffin tins and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- For the large muffin tins, double the recipe