These little jam filled pastries are an easy and great gift to make for that special someone this Valentine’s day. I’m calling them SWEETIE PIES! They are made with the pie dough recipe listed below but no one will know if you use store bought pie crust. We used homemade peach jam for half the hearts and blueberry jam for the other half.
Grab a heart shaped cookie cutter and you’re good to go!
The fun part is in the packaging and hopefully you have some ribbon and packages hanging around from the holidays that will fit the theme.
I had a little red chinese take-out box from Michael’s crafts and some baker’s twine, red ribbon and clear packaging for the Sweetie Pies.
This next photo is a SWEETIE PIE packaged up in it’s own cellophane bag with a ribbon and tag. I had bags from a kitchen supply store but I’m pretty sure you can buy these from Michael’s also.
Easy and cute! I’ve added the tags below for you to copy to your computer and print. Just right click the image and choose Save Image As…
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 to 7 tablespoons ice cold water
- For the pie dough mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl or food processor
- When the flour and butter mixture looks like small peas, add the water
- Mix with pastry blender or food processor until dough comes together
- (or use store bought crust)
- Roll out dough on floured surface
- Cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter and place on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of jam on pie dough heart
- Seal with another heart by brushing the edges with water and pinching together.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes
- Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Depending on the size of your cookie cutter you should be able to get 8 to 10 hearts.